MACBOOK AIR M1 HONEST REVIEW- SHOULD YOU BUY IN 2021



Published from Blogger Prime Android App
Price in India: ₹92,900

 You know what I don't understand, Why do they call it the MacBook Air? It's not like it was a mistake. Get it, error? MacBook Error? - Okay. - It's been one of their mostsuccessful products ever. They should call it the MacBook Success. - Or MacBook Correct. - Yeah, MacBook Correct. This is it, ladies and gentlemen. This is the Apple Silicon MacBook Air. And it's been a couple hours since I unboxed theApple Silicon Mac mini, and already Anthony has beenworking on putting together our Linus Tech Tips review, and he says, and I quote, "Impressions so far are pretty good."

That is a good sign. Now, of course, what we don't know yet is if the MacBook Air,whether for thermal reasons or power reasons or any other reason, might be a little bit lesserthan the MacBook mini. But we are certainly going tobe finding that out for you, ladies and gentlemen. It's available in pretty much exactly the same configurationsas the other devices. So we went for the 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU. - [Andy] The base modeldoes not have an 8-core GPU. - Oh, it's 7-core, isn't it? - [Andy] Yeah. - So sorry, there is a basemodel with a 7-core GPU. 16 gigs of RAM, so you canhave eight or 16 gigs of RAM, not 32 because the wholething is integrated together into one tight little package. We've got 512 gigs of storage, and, of course, a US keyboard layout. This is it. It's a 13.3-inch display. Hold on.

SPECIFICATIONS

Published from Blogger Prime Android App

 Let's have a look at what else is in here. We've got a Type-C toType-C charging cable, all nice environmentally-friendlypackaging. Hey, look at that. We still get a power adapter. Hey, even this is mostly paper. Very nice. They don't wrap all thechargers in plastic anymore. There's one little plasticbit at the end here, more of a sticker than a plastic. That is awesome.- [Andy] Is that a charger? - Yeah, it's a charger, man. What a concept. How many Apple logostickers do I get, though? I only got one with the- - [Andy] iPhone.- What, with the iPhone 12. Hey, there you go. You buy the MacBook, you get two. See, me, I don't think thatApple put big enough logos on their devices. So I'ma go ahead, I'ma fix that for them. Okay, here we go. There we go. - [Andy] Sure.- What do you think, dBrand, are they going to hire meto put stickers on things? I'm a professionalsticker put-er-on-er now. It's official. - [Automated Voice] Press Command+F5 now to turn it on and set up your Mac. - [Linus] Triple-click, Touch ID.

 - [Automated Voice] Tolearn how to use VoiceOver to set up your Mac. - [Automated Male Voice]Accessibility shortcuts. - [Andy] Why does this thing take so long? - [Automated Male Voice] Use the- - Why am I? Wait, what? Okay, whatever, I'm Canadian. One of the things I'mexpecting to be most remarkable about the Apple Silicon Macs is how unremarkable the experience is the majority of the time. I had really hoped that Applewould go more aggressive with the first Apple Silicon devices, like really change up theID, do something out there, but it kind of makes sensethat they would stick with something more conservative because that way they'll know, "Okay, how are customers receiving this whole Apple Silicon concept, versus how are Applesreceiving our new slim bezels," or something along those lines. Touch, just bring it back to the phones. Just bring it back to the phones. We all want it back on the phones. Andy, do you want it back on the phones? - [Andy] Oh, yeah. - Yeah, me too.- [Andy] On the side button. - Or the logo at the back. It doesn't even matter, just somewhere. You know what drives me crazy? Every freaking Apple devicehas this True Tone display part of their setup process. And you can see whatthe display looks like without True Tone. You can't disable it. I always have to go manuallydisable it after it.

Published from Blogger Prime Android App

I don't like True Tone. We're so close to aMacBook with a touchscreen. That's one of the biggestthings that's made it impossible for me to daily drive these things is I've gotten very accustomedto having a touchscreen on my laptop. And the iPad Pro is almost there, but it's running iOS, or iPad OS, excuse me. And now the MacBook Air is almost there. It's got the keyboard,it's got the battery life. It's got the beautiful screen but it doesn't have the touchscreen. They make two devices. And if I could just smoosh them into one, could actually be extremely compelling. Like what are they quoting? Something like 18 hours of battery life while playing back video on this thing? - [Jono] Yup. - Flipping crazy. Honestly, Andy, I'll tell you, one of the most interestingperspectives that I've heard on the new Apple Silicon MacBooks is that maybe it actually doesn't matter what the performance islike in x86 application X or legacy developer tool Y. 

Maybe it doesn't matter at all because the vast majority of people just use their laptops prettymuch like a Chromebook anyway, which is why Chromebooks exist. And if you did everythingwithin a browser, there is absolutely noreason that this device couldn't provide a perfectlygreat user experience. Andy, can you help me with this? - [Andy] Mm-hmm. - [Linus] How do I make this full screen without making itcompletely immersive mode? - [Andy] Press Option. And then press the green button. (upbeat music) - Why is that not themore default behavior? Why wouldn't it be Option,green button for this stupid, I can't see- - [Andy] So you can usemulti-finger to swipe between pages. - I don't know. Maybe that's just a personal discomfort, not being able to see thedock or the menu at the top. I just, I can't, I can't do it. It makes me really uncomfortable. Here we go. A little bit of chug there. Honestly, that's not bad forrunning in a browser though. Let's be realistic. Now this is a pretty light 3D application. But what I like about it isthat it's very realistic. I would say that pop-in lookslike about what I would expect from a thin and light class notebook. It's not amazing. It's not like, "Oh, wow. I can't believe it. I've never seen anythinglike this before," but it's not bad. It's fine. Using significant energy in Safari. I wish you could just setit to never charge past 80%.

Published from Blogger Prime Android App

 It would last so much longer. You know how I mentioned,so many people use their computers like a Chromebook. Honestly, for my laptop, I hardly ever touch anythingoutside of a browser. I actually am one of those. I'm trying to imagine anapplication that I would install. I mean, something like OBS, I'll use my laptop for capture sometimes. Actually, that's somethingthat I would love to know if I could do with this. Oh my god, this installationprocess is so stupid. Why do I have to drag the thing? - [Andy] No, it's so simple. - Why do I have to do that? - [Andy] It's so simple. - I already clicked on it. This is just unnecessary. - [Andy] It's like, afterthe drag, you're installing. You don't have to clickthrough the things. - Okay, yeah, sure, that's fair. But compared to something like Ninite, where you have an unintendedinstall in Windows, you just double-click it, it's completely installed. What is this? Why have this at all? You're right.- The whole package. - You're right, there are aspects of it that are more painless thanthe windows experience, but this is also justcompletely unnecessary, and we could just not have it. Who's this video brought to you by? This video is brought to you by Manscaped. Manscaped hooked us up with their new performance package kit, which comes with a ton of stuff. Their new Lawn Mower waterproof trimmer with advanced skin-safe technology, which helps reduce nicks and cuts. Their Crop Preserver ball deodorant, their Weed Whacker noseand ear hair trimmer and their new Shears 2.0 luxury nail kit. Just go to manscapes.com/circuitto get 20% off, plus free international shipping. Plus, you'll get their Shed travel bag and a pair of theiranti-chafing boxer briefs available for a limited time. So here's something that Iwould do with a computer. Video, so let's changeto 1920 by 1200, I guess. Let's try x264 for our encoder and then some reasonablebit rate like 30 megabit. Normally, we would gohigher for video capture that we're planning toactually use in a video. But I just want to see. I mean, we're running likeit's non-native, right? Sort of. No properties available. Well, oh, here we go.Here we go, here we go. This is another system preference thing. It was just in the background. Okay, okay, let's try this again. Whoo. OBS. Hey, there it is, just like that. Okay, start recording. Nice, we've even got a CPU usage monitor doodadamajig down here.

Published from Blogger Prime Android App

 So what are we sitting at? Now, what I wonder is, does that mean 45% of thefour high-performance cores, or does that mean 45% ofthe entire 8-core CPU? How is that divided up? Very interesting. Where are these recording to, I wonder? 30 megabit. Oh yeah, right, we'reusing software encoding. Of course it looks fine. Does that mean 45% of-Microphone sounds really good. the four high-performance cores? Or does that mean 45% ofthe entire 8-core CPU? That's really good for just a dumb arraymicrophone built in to... Where is it even? Interesting. I don't know. I'll find it later. It's not terriblyimportant for the moment, but both the microphoneand speakers are impressive right out of the box. But then we already knew that. Man, the recent MacBookshave really good speakers. - [Andy] The newer MacBook Air has slightly better brightness compared to the last gen. - Oh yeah, that's right. I think, what is it? 400 nit, something like that? - [Andy] 400 nits versus like 350. - Yep, 400 nit brightness,so still not an HDR display by any stretch of the imagination.

But, who knows? As this Apple Silicon continues to evolve, we might gain more power savings there that can then be allocatedto better backlights or, better yet, a niceefficient OLED displays, and we'll finally get good HDR on mobile. Well, that's pretty much itfor first impressions, anyway. So far, I mean, it's seamless. Even something as what Iwould consider to be niche as some rando open-sourcescreen recording software just worked. I'll leave it to Andy to, or, Andy, I'll leave it to Anthony to try out some more really random stuff though.  

For more articles :- https://techreviewsxd.blogspot.com/?m=1

Post a Comment

0 Comments